Re: [OT] - Kermit/Minicom connection

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:06 , A.J. Werkman <werkman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

>At 05:23 06-12-2003, you wrote:
>>From: McKeever Chris tech-mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx, McKeever Chris tech-mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: Re: [OT] - Kermit/Minicom connection
>>
>>Got kermit to work, thanks for everyone that gave me pointers.
>>never figured out keymapping in minicom.
>>played with procomm plus, but had a personal battle with kermit.
>>
>>I needed to make an initialization script for kermit, and was luck enough
>>to find function key sequences for a 513 terminal.
>>
>>set key \92 \27Ow       ; cancel \
>>set key \45 \27[V       ; previous -
>>set key \61 \27[U       ; next +
>>set key \47 \27SB       ; Enter /
>>set key \96 \27Om       ; help ~
>>set key \127 \8         ; backspace send BS
>>
>>comment * open create connection
>>set modem type none        ; There is no modem
>>set line /dev/ttyS0        ; Specify device name
>>set carrier-watch off      ; If DTR and CD are not cross-connected
>>set speed 9600             ; Or other desired speed
>>connect
>

>I was wondering are you talking about c-kermit (Linux) here??? I had the
>same fight trying on a linux console to let c-kermit emulate a xenix-co
>terminal, because a AIX application wants to see a xenix-co terminal on the
>others side of the line.
>
>I never got it working because c-kermit unlike ms-kermit does not support
>terminal emulation. I wish it did!!!!
>
>Have you found a way to translate the send-out ascii string of the -keys
>as well?? If so, I am very interested how you did this. That would give me
>a solution for my problem as well!!
>
>Koos.

yes c-kermit
the first part of the battle is to figure out what sequence your AIX app is looking for.
then you just do some set keys to those (you have to give up some regular keys for this)
For instance, if you look at my above script, I gave up the \ key for cancel, the / key for send, the ~ for help, etc.
I was lucky to find the sequence that my app was looking for.

So in a way you are forcing emulation, to a degree

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
http://www.prupref.com

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com