Re: bittorrent gui

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 00:23, Trufflesdad wrote:
> I am trying to install the gui for bittorrent but it tells me..

> bittorrent-gui:
>  Depends: wxPythonGTK but it is not installable
>
> Is there a way out of this ?

You're using a Mandrake package.

Grab the wxPythonGTK2 source RPM and build it on your machine, then
install it.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPythonGTK2-py2.2-2.4.2.4-1.src.rpm

Grab the bittorrent Mandrake source RPM and install it.  Edit the spec
file to require wxPython instead of wxPythonGTK.  Build and install it.

Alternatively, save yourself some pain.  Here are some Red Hat 9 RPMs I
built yesterday (tested and working on FC1, too):

http://www.speakeasy.org/~bos/files/wxPythonGTK2-devel-2.4.2.4-1.i386.rpm
http://www.speakeasy.org/~bos/files/wxPythonGTK2-py2.2-2.4.2.4-1.i386.rpm
http://www.speakeasy.org/~bos/files/bittorrent-3.3-3.noarch.rpm
http://www.speakeasy.org/~bos/files/bittorrent-gui-3.3-3.noarch.rpm