Re: laptop screen issue

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:19:07 +0200
Alpay Erturkmen <kalpaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi there,
> i am new to the list and i do not know whether this is a Fedora issue. I
> am using Fedora on an old IBM Thinkpad 570, and a USB mouse. My screen
> just goes blank randomly and it does not light up by the mouse but just
> the keyboard. is the power management not listening to my usb mouse? how

I think this is the Thinkpad BIOS not recognizing a USB mouse, rather
than a Fedora problem. The BIOS is blanking your screen.  You
can go into BIOS(F1 when you boot) and disable this if you wish.  Or just
use the trackpoint. ;)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/