Re: slow data transfer over nfs ... is it fedora?

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 13:58, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Harry Putnam <reader@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > While benchmarking the other transfer methods you mentioned.
> > Particularly ssh and smb.  I'll answer this part now.
>
> Here is some more info.  I'm seeing horrible performance in every
> type tranfer I've tried.  Must be some basic networking problem at
> fault.

Sorry if this has been suggested already, but with nfs using UDP rather
than TCP have you considered checking for a bad network cable?  I and
others have had this exact symptom that was caused by a bad network
cable.  You don't notice the problem with TCP shell connections because
TCP is concealing the failures that UDP can't deal with.