Re: Move windows between workspaces

Bill Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 12:55, Douglas Furlong wrote:

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 19:41, Matthew Brown wrote:

I have been a religious Windowmaker user for some time now but am
trying Gnome since I moved from RH9 to Fedora. In the past with Gnome
I was able to drag windows to the edge of the workspace to move it to
the adjacent workspace. The same functionality is in Windowmaker
(among others I am sure) and I was hoping I just haven't found the
right settings panel to enable it. If anyone knows if this is
possible and where to enable it please let me know. Thanks!

I have not seen how to configure that, however some thing that may be of
assistance to you, ALT + SHIFT + <arrow keys> allows you to navigate
around the work spaces, and "drags" the active window around with you
CTRL + Alt + <arrow keys> navigates the work space with out moving any
of the windows around.

Hope that helps to some extent.

Hey that's freakin cool!
Never knew about the ALT-SHIFT option! Thanks.

And if you move your mouse to the workspaces shown on the task bar, you can click and drag any window in that little display between workspaces, and it will be positioned at the original x,y coordinates within the new workspace you drag it to.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021