Re: DSL Modems

Does it actually connect to the service? Try running adsl-start to see if it actually does connect you to the internet. If you are connected to the net (pppd does not error out) or adsl-start does not fail ( [FAILED] ) or some such weird thing, then check your resolv.conf to see what dns is bein' used.

You may want to check that you are usin' peer dns. If not, do you know your dns names so that you can get those addresses into /etc/resolv.conf? May want to look into being sure that in the setup (the gui portion of what you've already done) that you have xdsl setup as the default route as well.

Alex

--
We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we
do, we have a great war of the spirit.  We have a great revolution against