Re: Mozilla trouble

Em Qua, 2003-12-03 às 15:53, Alexandre Strube escreveu:

> > >I'm having strange behavior on mozilla... What happens is: with some
> > >users on my machine, mozilla does not work with any page which has flash
> > >animations. But with my user it works!
> > What do you mean "does not work?"  Does it hang?  Does the flash player
> > not show up?
> It begins to open the page (the title bar changes for the page title),
> and then it closes silently, even when called from command-line.
> I've upgraded to mozilla-1.5, same result.

This was annoying me so much, that I finally discovered it.
I noticed that root could also handle the problematic pages correctly.
The only logical thing I could think of that prevents something to work
for every users but one and root are permissions.

I realized that the following html would crash mozilla:
Teste

Preety plain html code, though. If I take out the <font> tag, it works.

BINGO! I just downloaded Arial fonts two days ago... And it has the
wrong permissions on /usr/share/fonts/default/ttf.

A chmod 444 did the trick, everything is fine!

This could be corrected, it's preety dumb crash such an application just
because it cannot read a font...

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group