Re: MySQL - PHP Problem

See the following thread for a possible solution:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg06890.html

What I did was create a mysql user named mysqld and gave it no password
and no permissions. That way you can issue the command "mysqladmin -u
mysqld ping" with no problems. The ping command simply checks to see if
the server is running. I believe someone said earlier that this bug will
be fixed in the next release of the initscripts package.

Corey