Re: acpi problems

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2003 02:06 schrieb Chin Hui:
> i have that error too.. even in the default fedora
> kernel.  Just remove the
> /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2129.nptl/kernel/drivers/acpi/toshiba_acpi.o
> file if you're not using a toshiba laptop.  This is
> meant for toshiba laptops which the Kernel normally
> calls it toshiba extras.

I *have* a Toshiba (Satellite Z1110) and I get this error message too. I
understand that people with other laptops don't have to worry, but how does
this error affect Toshibas? And what can I do about it?

My ACPI seems to work, except for
- no sleep and hibernate (or I haven't found out how?)
- the battery charging/discharging rate is always returned as 0 mAh:

$ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          unknown
present rate:            0 mA
remaining capacity:      4000 mAh
present voltage:         14800 mV

This is quite annoying because it seems to mess up the estimated remaining
battery time in klaptop. Any help? Does this have to do with the
toshiba.acpi.o module?

BTW, thanks for all the improvements in ACPI! With old RH9 I couldn't use ACPi
at all, so it's a big improvment.

Cheers
Stephan