Re: nvidia install with new 2129.nptl kernel

How does one go about removing these RPM's from the system?? As the
system will not let me due to other packages which depend on it. I'd
prefer to stick to the old method, else the *.src.rpm's are available.
As I don't wish to wait for new RPM's to become available when new
kernels are released. I'd like to rebuild it when needed.

Well, if you want to remove them, just run rpm -e on them. The names of the rpms installed will be evident by doing rpm -qa \*nvidia\*. You will however need to use --nodeps to uninstall nvidia-glx, and later re-install XFree86-MEsa-libGL to satisfy the libGL.so.1 dependency.

That said, there is really no need to uninstall in order to upgrade. Whenever a new kernel comes out, you rebuild the src.rpm and install the resulting kernel-module-nvidia-driver rpm (note: you don't have to re-install nvidida-glx when you upgrade the kernel!).

Hope this helps.

/Peter