Re: Installed with disastrous results

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 10:09, PCDEBB | Fedora-list wrote:
> [various installation problems]

It's tricky to suggest specific bootloader settings without knowing more
about your setup.  So in general as you seem to be alright with
re-installing Linux and in case there is another catastrophe you already
know how to re-install the windows bootloader, I recommend you re-do the
Linux install but definitely DO choose to install grub on the MBR.

Here's a post describing symptoms similar to yours, making me suspect
you may have originally chosen not to install grub on the MBR:
http://www.lilug.org/pipermail/2003-October/010690.html .

Also, apart from the fact that you had to use a boot floppy it's not
clear what problems you actually had AFTER you managed to boot into
Fedora.  If there weren't any to speak of then I think all you were
missing is not installing grub on the MBR.  If there were other serious
problems even after you booted into linux with a floppy (besides the
waste of your entire evening) let us know.