Bug Day 8: Dec 03,2003: For a change of pace, this reminder is a a day before the actual bugday

Do NOT be alarmed! Today is not Wednesday! But tomorrow is! and that
means.....
Fedora Bug Day Tomorrow!!!!!!
Theme: A general call to arms, for bugbusting!!!!!

Not really sure there is a specific issue that needs to be addressed
from the community side of things, other than the increasing and
consistent pile-up of packages sitting at fedora.us waiting for
community QA. Or at least developers haven't pulled my ear about it. So
there is no specific bughunting theme.

There are in fact several long term issues that I personally want to
encourage the community to help me explore in the
bughunting and bug triaging solution space. This is probably going to be
an extremely rambling email.

*Become involved in the fedora.us QA process and help QA packages that
are waiting to be published in the fedora.us addon repo:
http://www.fedora.us/QA .  There are 293 packages sitting waiting for
QA. That's 293 packages the Fedora community could be enjoying in the
published fedora.us repository trees, once they have made it through the
community QA process. Remember, until the full merge is completed and
Fedora Extras and Alternatives is up and running...community packagers
are being advised
to use fedora.us's process. How do you become involved in the fedora.us
QA process? Easy, read:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy

*Help triage the fedora core bugzilla reports by reviewing open bugzilla
bug tickets and trying to use simple comment strings as a way to
categorize bug reports to make it easier for developers to quickly find
bugs that can be marked closed. For more information take a look at:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/TriageComment
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/CannedQueries
But if you are unsure on how to use the triage comment idea, discussion
in #fedora-bugs on the freenode irc network is encouraged.

*there is also going to be an opportunity for bug triagers to test a set
of xmlrpc bugzilla interface tools, very soon now. I'm not directly
involved with the tool building, but Mr. Nasrat should be sending a
follow up post with some more detailed directions about some example
tools...its all too very exciting for me to talk about in a fashion
approximating coherence.

-jef"one paragraph was written in invisible ink"spaleta