Re: flagged to be skipped ?

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 13:31, AuntieParticle wrote:
> Does this mean the updating may not be the best idea? or does it
> simply
> mean that I need to make a clear conscious decision to do so? Forgive
> me if this all seems very obvious to you :) but I am still learning
> about linux.
>
> Thanks,
> AP

The latter as you'll want to consider "installing (-i)" rather than
"updating (-u)" the kernels.  This will allow you to keep the old
kernel on your system in addition to the new.  At boot time you'll be
able to choose which to boot into.  After a period of time, if the new
kernel fits your needs you can then remove the old kernel.

Regards,  Mike Klinke