Re: flagged to be skipped ?

Check out the pkgs lines in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date.

cjs

AuntieParticle wrote:

This morning up2date shows a new kernel update. But at the top of page I see "Flagged to be Skipped". Then below, reason for being skipped "PKG name/pattern". I can of course select it and get it anyway, if I wish. But I am wondering why it is flagged in the first place. I don't recall seeing this on updates of other packages. Does this mean the updating may not be the best idea? or does it simply mean that I need to make a clear conscious decision to do so? Forgive me if this all seems very obvious to you :) but I am still learning about linux.

Thanks,
AP