Re: weird characters in man pages and html

Douglas Furlong wrote:

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 12:07, Paolo Nesti Poggi wrote:

Hi,

I notice some strange things with characters in terminals and browser, you
might have an explanation for this, i'll stick to terminal for now.

I'm accessing my fedora trough ssh using secureCRT on Windows 98 (however
what I'll describe happens also using putty).

<snipedy snip snip snip>

I was haivng this problem in RH8/9 in the past, I fixed it by changing
the LANG local.

I changed it to en_GB, as apposed tot he UTF8 stuff.

To change it system wide I altered /etc/sysconfig/i18n, change the first
line to.

LANG="en_GB"

hmmm mines set to en_AU.UTF-8
$ set|grep LANG
LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
LANGVAR=en_AU.UTF-8

shouldn't yours be set to en_GB.UTF-8 ????

--
 In my life God comes first.... but Linux is pretty high after that :-D
http://www.geekcode.com/