Re: CUPS won't start

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:53, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 11:08:58PM +0000, nosp wrote:
>
> > Do you have anything weird at the end of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, like a
> > "Listen xx.xx.xx.xx ppp" line whose IP address is not your own?  I have
> > this problem all the time.  Remove the line where cupsd tries to listen
> > on a non-local IP and cupsd starts fine.
>
> This sounds like a bug that needs to be reported via bugzilla.

Yes, it is super-annoying (has been around since FC1T1) but I've always
assumed it's because of some automated configuration tool I may have
used once helpfully overwriting my config files with something it thinks
is right (and obviously isn't).  I haven't been able to catch the thing
in action to confirm/deny this and, if I'm right, what tool is
responsible.  When I see it again (last time was three days ago) I will
try to track it down.