installing packages omitted from initial install

I installed FC1 as a text install, via ftp. I thought I selected
"install everything", but now I go to install a program and it says no
compiler is available etc.

I can ssh to the machine and use the cli (root as required), but I don't
know what commands to use to get it to install more things.

I know the ftp site (it's one of my servers) so that's not a problem...
but what I'd really like is if I can just install everything that's
missing....

Any suggestions for how to do that via cli?

Thanks,
Don