From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of WA9ALS - John
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 3:28 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Newbie which distro ques

Please reply privately to this newbie question:

Why are you settling on Fedora versus, eg, Debian?  It seems like they have
similar goals, ie public cocmmunity etc.  I had a good thing going with RH8,
but I am having more trouble than expected getting to the same functionality
with Fedora.  I'm trying to decide whether to keep persisting and learning
Fedora, or whether I might better switch to learning Debian.  I understand
the Debian way might have a steeper learning curve, but it seems it is very
reliable and easy to use once you get the hang of doing it their way.

What are the advantages of Fedora over Debian at this point for the
"hobbyist" - email, websites, etc, eg not a "big business" user - RH wants
them to use RHE anyway.

Tnx - John