Re: Minimum system to support RedHat Fedora Linux

whats a linux club and where r u at in the us?

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 05:08, John Hearns wrote:
On 30 Nov 2003, Jim Taylor wrote:

> I live in a rural area and am getting people interested in Linux.  We're
> thinking of starting up a Linux club, and I'd like to know of the
> experiences of others in sizing a system to run Fedora -- that is, the
> LOW END starter system suitable for a start-up Linux club.

Look at mini-ITX systems. They'll easily do the job you want.

And for Linux LUGs, Knoppix disks are a great idea.
Burn a batch of them and give them away.
(I guess there's a Fedora equivalent to Knoppix somewhere,
but to be honest Knoppix is very good, excellent hardware detection.)