Re: Problems with X system

I am having an incredibly similar problem.  It happened to me following a bad shutdown (don’t have power management working yet on my R30 with the latest 2.6 kernel.)  My display looks incredibly dim under X.  Functions fine and without any errors, but just looks dim.  The vt’s do not exhibit the same problem.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Subject: Problem with X

From: William Penton <wmp1784@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:00:38 -0600

Right after I install shockwave flash I restart my machine (out of habit).  but to my suprise the gamma or brightness or contrast settings for X are all messed up. its like looking at a huge white screen.

it first starts the problem when the machine is in the boot up process (the screen with the computer and the progress bar).

these are the files I installed:

compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118

flash-plugin-6.0.79-1.i386

thanks for the help in advance