What makes driver disk unique?

Since an install boot with "linux dd ks=floppy" seems to take the ks.cfg off the last floppy I had the idea to just have a floppy with just the ks.cfg on it. That way I could have different ones for different loads and not mess with the real driver disks.

However, when telling it to take another driver disk I got a "Please insert your driver disk" even after inserting the floppy with the ks.cfg. I had formatted it and mkfs'd it--did I miss something?

ciao!

leam