Re: Disabling feature in Metacity

Le sam 30/08/2003 à 02:38, Stephen Smoogen a écrit :
> I think that F~liciano is correct for RH8. I thought I read something in
> the metacity release notes for severn about wire drawing which is
> sometimes the codeword for what you are looking for. I can't find a way
> to turn it on.. I wish it was available myself.. we have to put
> something else on a couple of people's desktops who have epilepsy.

From metacity README :
Q: Why no wireframe move/resize?
A: Also in rationales.txt. Because it has low usability, and is a pain
   to implement, and there's no reason opaque move/resize should be a
   problem on any setup that can run a modern desktop worth a darn to
   begin with.

Read +all+ the README before flaming Havoc.

And keep in mind that you can use another WM.
I use Icewm :-)

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias@xxxxxxx>