looking ahead

Greetings all,

I've been lurking in one of the usenet linux groups, and have seen several
times the complaint that Red Hat 9 is slow on some systems.

My linux box is a Dell P2, 400Mhz, 256k memory.  Should I have any
difficulties running Red Hat 10?

Also, will Red Hat 10 be released with a 2.6 kernel?

And finally: my Christmas present this year will hopefully be a broadband
connection.  Anyone have recommendations for brands of cable modems and
routers?  (Home network will be linux box strung to router via ethernet,
and a wireless laptop running [gasp] Windows XP.)

thanks much,

--Anthony

Anthony Perez-Miller
	I'm sure I'm being unfair to literally dozens of Vermonters, but
	with very few exceptions they strike me as Canadians, only mean.
        	(Jonah Goldberg)