Re: browser problem

thank you for replying.  I got the JVM from java.sun
page.  I got my mozilla from mozilla.org and the
version of JVM is (1.4.2).  javascript is enabled in
my  browser.  However, whenever I go to view some
pages,  my browser tells me I need (application/x-vm).
 I am running Redhat 9.0.  Do you have any solution.

--- Sean Middleditch <elanthis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 15:56, Shadhin rahman wrote:
> > My browser was not working properly, it did not
> > execute any javasript enable pages.  So, I enabled
>
> Did you enable JavaScript (not Java, totally
> different things) ?
> Also, are you sure JavaScript wasn't working?  It
> may just be the pages
> you were viewing were only made for Internet
> Exploder, and won't work w/
> Netscape or Mozilla.
>
> > java on my browser.  it did not help.  I installed
> > most updated browser, netscape 7.1 and mozilla
> 1.5.
> > Unfortunately it did not help either.  I installed
> > most updated version of jvm.  Now when I tried to
> > launch netscape,  I get an error message and I am
> not
> > able to view java enabled webpages.  The error
> message
> > is given below
>
> Where did you get the Mozilla 1.5 package from?
> What version of Redhat
> are you running?  Where did you get the JVM from?
> If they are not all
> compatible, you'll get an error like the one below.
> You need to make
> sure your Mozilla and JVM are compiled for your
> version of Redhat - if
> you are using a recent Redhat 8 or Redhat 9, you'll
> need GCC3 compiled
> packages.  The latest JVM for Linux from Sun (1.4.2
> beta) should be GCC3
> compiled; I'm not sure about binaries of Mozilla
> provided from
> Mozilla.org.
>
> You shouldn't have to upgrade at all tho to just
> enable JavaScript,
> since it's built into the browser.
>

> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library

/usr/local/netscape/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so