Re: Bad escriptions in Kconfig

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 10:16:43AM -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> Bodo Eggert wrote:
> > ---
> > SCSI target support (SCSI_TGT) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) ?
> >
> > If you want to use SCSI target mode drivers enable this option.
> > If you choose M, the module will be called scsi_tgt.
> > ---
> >
> > What TF is a SCSI target mode, what is a target mode driver?
>
> Heard of google :-)
>
> For explanations of SCSI (and other storage) terminology
> reference could be made to SAM-3 or SAM-4 drafts (because
> the real standards cost money) at www.t10.org .
>
> Perhaps many other subsections in the kernel could have
> similar references.

I think that's an appalling idea.  Someone's trying to configure their
kernel, not research hundreds of new ideas on the internet.  Here's a
better description:

	help
	  The SCSI target code allows your computer to appear as a SCSI
	  device.  This is useful in a SAN or NAS environment where you
	  want other computers to be able to treat this computer as a disc.

	  To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module
	  will be called scsi_tgt.

a retrograde step."