Re: x86: Increase PCIBIOS_MIN_IO to 0x1500 to fix nForce 4 suspend-to-RAM

Linus Torvalds wrote:
IMO, we should check which version of the specification we're supposed to
follow, on the basis of FADT contents, for example, and follow this one.

No, we should try to figure out what Windows does. *If* windows checks the version, we should do that too. But we should absolutely *not* just assume that the documentation is an accurate picture of reality.

Does anybody know how we could find out?
			Linus

Well, it seems that if one had a checked (debug) build of Windows (or at least the acpi.sys driver) installed, as well as a copy of the Microsoft ASL compiler, they could compile and temporarily override the DSDT with a hacked one that would output what the device power states were in some fashion (maybe through the kernel debugger). Some info about this here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/8/f/18f8cee2-0b64-41f2-893d-a6f2295b40c8/TW04015_WINHEC2004.ppt

I suspect that might require more Windows hacking skill and/or motivation than one might be likely to find on this list, though :-)

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]