Re: [ofa-general] list corruption on ib_srp load in v2.6.24-rc5

 > I'm getting the following oops when doing the following commands:
 >
 > modprobe ib_srp
 > <add targets(s) to ib_srp using sysfs>
 > rmmod ib_srp
 > modprobe ib_srp
 > <OOPS>
 >
 > I'm going to try and track down how the list is getting corrupted; it
 > looks like attribute_container_list in
 > drivers/base/attribute_container.c is the one getting corrupted.
 >
 > Before I get too far into this, has anyone seen this one before? I
 > looked at 'git diff v2.6.24-rc4..' and didn't see any changes that would
 > stand out as fixing it.

I haven't seen this, but I actually haven't done much srp testing with
post-2.6.23 kernels.  From a quick skim through the code, I would
guess that one of the calls to transport_container_unregister() in
srp_release_transport() (which is called one module unload) is
failing and leaving something bogus on the attribute_container_list.

This could because the underlying call to attribute_container_unregister()
fails because the k_list is not empty.  I don't know if this is some
sort of leak in the ib_srp driver, or something broken elsewhere...

 - R.