Re: Trailing periods in kernel messages

David Miller wrote:
From: David Newall <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:13:07 +1030
David Miller wrote:
From: Jan Engelhardt <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:10:38 +0100 (CET)
Can we get back to programming?
With respect to the vast majority of log messages, nobody confounded by punctuation is truly trying to analyze a problem!

And nobody confounded by whitespace and coding style is truly
interesting in writing properly functioning code!

I supposed you meant "interested." Proper coding style doesn't make for proper code. Arguably, it aids when reading code, and that's why we mostly stick to agreed standards; but it's hard to get worked up over a dot at the end of a log message. In cases where it really does matter, we make sure it's right; but demanding that every message meets some unilateral idea of what is right is zealotry.