Re: iommu dma mapping alignment requirements

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
Adding A few more people to the discussion. You may well be right and we
would have to provide the same alignment, though that sucks a bit as one
of the reason we switched to 4K for the IOMMU is that the iommu space
available on pSeries is very small and we were running out of it with
64K pages and lots of networking activity.

But smarter NIC drivers can resolve this too, I think, but perhaps carving up full pages of mapped buffers instead of just assuming mapping is free...

perhaps...