Re: almost daily Kernel oops with 2.6.23.9 - and now 2.6.23.11 as well

On Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2007, David Newall wrote:

> Numbers like that don't suggest hardware faults.  All those zeros: It's
> far too round.  Sounds very like software.  In fact, it sounds like the
> start of significant hardware region.   And lo! there's a closed-source,
> possibly buggy nvidia module.  Try another; older or newer are equally
> good.

and this one was without the nvidia module:

and the first one I reported, was without nvidia and not-tainted too:

I am not a complete idiot. If I have a problem, I try to reproduce without
nvidia first (after a clean shutdown and boot, with the module not even on
harddisk). And I reproduced it without the module. The last oops with the
module was just an example that it does not matter if the module is loaded or
not and to (maybe) give some additional information.

Glück Auf,
Volker