Re: [lm-sensors] 2.6.24-rc4 hwmon it87 probe fails

Carlos Corbacho wrote:
On Thursday 20 December 2007 00:20:21 Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
I suspect the manufacturers would say "Oh, the sensors?  The BIOS
isn't broken, you're just supposed to use WMI or some (undocumented)
ACPI device to get at those."

It's quite possible - can we have DSDTs for the boards in question so we can quickly check if this is a possibility? (Basically, to see if they have PNP0C14 devices - if they don't, then I'm afraid it's nothing to do with WMI).

-Carlos

It's quite possible that the BIOS accesses the device either from ACPI AML or possibly even from SMI. In that case it would be quite reasonable for the BIOS to reserve that region to prevent another driver from loading and trying to take conflicting control of the device. One has to be careful before assuming that any such reservation is bogus.

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]