Re: [MIPS] Build an embedded initramfs into mips kernel

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to build a basic initramfs image into the kernel, using
the CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE. The required result is a single image
loaded into a target containing usermode application (busybox).

I use cross compile mipsel-unknown-linux-uclibc in order to build the
kernel and the initramfs's usermode.

The cpio image is created using cpio -o -H newc command.

The same configuration works with i586-pc-linux-uclibc cross compile.

printk at init/main.c::run_init_process() shows that the
kernel_execve() returns -2 (ENOENT) for /init and -14 (EFAULT) for
/*/init.

Looking at the initramfs /init is available and executable.

Any reason why I get ENOENT?
Any special procedure should be performed for mips arch?

Make sure your /init doesn't depend on an interpreter or library which isn't available.

	-hpa