Re: 1st version of azfs

Maxim Shchetynin <[email protected]> wrote:

> +config AZ_FS
> +            tristate "AZFS filesystem support"
> +            default m
                       ^
STRONG NACK, I hate digging in the menu tree and hunting for things I
don't need.

> +            help
> +              Non-buffered filesystem for block devices with a gendisk and
> +              with direct_access() method in gendisk->fops.
> +              AZFS does not buffer outgoing traffic and is doing no read
> ahead.
> +              AZFS uses block-size and sector-size provided by block
> device
> +              and gendisk's queue. Though mmap() method is available only
> if
> +              block-size equals to or is greater than system page size.

What is the benefit or intended use of this filesystem? Will your intended
user say "gendisk->fops->direct_access? I wanted to use it all my life"?

AZFZ seems to be an acronym. AirZound File System?
http://globetrotter.de/de/shop/detail.php?mod_nr=ex_35001&GTID=7c553060901a873c5bd29a1846ff39a3a32