Re: Top kernel oopses/warnings this week

Zach Brown wrote:
Report counts may be too high due to duplicate recognition of the very
same report.¹
this is true however it's .. a hard issue. It's really hard to
distinguish a duplicate report from
two reports of the same bug.

Can we hack some data in to oops output to help?  Say a giant per-boot
anonymous random number (yeah, I know, harder than it sounds) and then
an incrementing oops counter.

there already is a per-boot UUID afaik, just a matter of printing that..
I'll look into that, but it does add extra info to the oops print

 That'd also let you discover that the
latter oopses in a chain of oopses might be fall-out from the head of
the chain.

this is there already and taken care of ;)