Re: Does vger.kernel.org automatically drop spams?

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
Hello.

Matti Aarnio wrote:
Does vger.kernel.org have spam filter and automatically drop spams?
Yes.  Yes.  And even worse: SILENTLY drop it.  The reason was:

     global taboo header: m!OJFS!

I don't recall why that was declared taboo, but it apparently bites
on References: headers..  Entirely unintentional, I assure you.

I see. Thank you.

Well, may be my address was registered as a spammer.

What should I do to post my message?

Should I use different From: address?
Should I stop sending to multiple lists?

Since this was in the References header, stop replying to messages with OFJS in the Message-Id would do it, if I read Matti's reply correctly.

Were other replies also blocked, Matti? Does the filter hit References: but not In-Reply-To: and so apply to responses to the post found in a newsgroup but not on the mailing list?

We (the postmasters) can approve your messages for posting, but it
will take a few hours that I get off work, and have time to do it.
(I need to do some additional setups, all those lists are not
in my existing majordomo password database..)

Should I wait for your approval?

--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>