Re: New question on that sata controller

On Saturday 15 December 2007, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
>On Saturday 15 December 2007 21:24:09 Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >It's usually normal for it to be disabled after boot, I believe. Are you
>> >getting anything showing up on boot indicating its BIOS is active?
>>
>> No, not a thing.  Also invisible in the mainboards bios config AFAICT.
>
>Normally this option is called "Enable Option ROM" or enable "INT 13/19h
>hook". See if you have such an option. It's surprising this isn't enabled by
>default.

I don't recall seeing such an option, but I'll look again when I next reboot.

>However, the BIOS still might not support directly booting off the
> controller, I'm afraid.

I think I'm going to have to maintain my ide boot partition & play tricks with
the kernel arguments line to make the switch to that drive after the kernel
and initrd are loaded from it, which should make it properly visible oncve
that kernel is running.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)