Re: dst cache overflow

Tobias Diedrich <[email protected]> wrote:

> Meanwhile I added a slab statistic rrd script. Nothing obvious to
> see on ari or yumi yet, but on oni (which after all is the most
> affected by this) I can see 'size_2048' and 'TCPv6' growing
> steadily along with the route cache size (Presumably 'ip_dst_cache',
> which is also growing larger at a more or less constant rate).

OK that almost certainly means that we have a leak of TCPv6
objects which would then cause a leak of dst objects.

So you need to track down why TCPv6 isn't getting cleaned up.
First check the obvious, do you have any process(es) that are
hoarding TCPv6 sockets?

If not do you see a growing list of dead sockets in netstat?

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>