ARP Bug?

We've noticed the 2.6-based Linux systems in our test lab are
experiencing some "ARP flux"-like symptoms.

The systems reply with eth0's hardware address to all ARP requests,
regardless of the IP being queried.  Because of this, the system will
only send and receive packets on eth0; if eth0 is brought down, the
system is unreachable even though it still has several active
connections.  With eth0 unplugged, none of the other interfaces are
reachable (this is presumably a side-effect caused by the switch ARP
cache.) Failover routes are defined in the routing table, but the system
still will not send/receive packets out those interfaces.

Can anything be done to correct this behaviour?

Jeremi M Gosney
Enterprise Linux Engineer
DIJIC, Intel Corporation
Work: 253-371-4849