Per process control of core file naming

Hello all,
  I know I can use the /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern and /proc/sys/kernel/core_uses_pid files to
control core filenaming for *all* core files on a system, but is there a way for a particular
process to have control of its own core file names?  The down side to the current way Linux does this now
is that *all* processes are affected, requiring someone with root/sudo access (or someone with
said privs to chmod these files) to change the behavior.  It would be nice for a process/programmer
to have finer grain control (subject to override by /proc/sys/kernel/core*) on the names of the
core files.
  Tru64's has this, as 'enhanced core file naming', where a process can decide at runtime how a
file will be named (still being written to the CWD if space/permissions allow).
  I'd found this feature to be quite useful several years ago on a Tru64 cluster, where I had
multiple instances of the same executable running across the cluster.  It was very nice
to be able to turn on and off the enhanced naming ( core.program_name.host_name.numeric_tag)
as I needed to, without requiring everyone *else* to use the same naming conventions.

Thanks...

Rob