Re: 2.6.24-rc4-mm1: acpi reboots machine... solved

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 01:52:55 pm Borislav Petkov wrote:
> From what i can roughly tell so far it seems like an resource conflict between acpi and
> the pnp requested regions in your patch which result in the acpi_thermal code
> to read the wrong (0xff) temperature value and halt the machine, but i might be
> wrong on the details since acpi is such a big code chunk to swallow.

I don't see any obvious conflict from the log you posted.  For the sake
of comparison, can you post the corresponding dmesg log after you removed
the patch?

acpi_thermal_get_temperature() only evaluates _TMP, which isn't very
interesting.  I wonder if there's some conflict between that AML method
and the EC driver or something.

If you can also collect the DSDT, maybe I can poke around in there and
see what _TMP is really doing.

Thanks,
  Bjorn