Re: Iomega ZIP-100 drive unsupported with jmicron JMB361 chip?

trash can wrote:
..
Robert Hancock wrote:
That is rather curious. There's no sign of any libata error handling
going on.. Maybe the drive is actually returning that error code in the
ATAPI CDB, or at least we think it is?

You are sure that this drive still works with older kernels using
drivers/ide, and that the hardware didn't break at some point, I assume?

Thanks for your time. I get a kernel panic with the controller mode in BIOS
set to AHCI with Fedora Core 6. Once returned to IDE (setting used since
computer was built) I booted up. Added information: In Fedora 7 I can not
burn DVDs or CDROM using K3b with the Zip drive connected. Some
preformatting (I assume) is done rendering the CD/DVD useless then got an
I/O error. In Fedora 8 I am able to burn a CDROM using K3b but DVDs behave
as with Fedora 7. All is well when the Zip is totaly removed. This Zip
drive also worked under Microsoft 2000 { which was removed over a year
ago ;-) }. Fedora Core 6, Fedora 7, and Fedora 8 are all installed on
this machine. This drive did not work with a Ubuntu 7.10 Live CD on this
machine. I intend to try this Zip drive on another motherboard with the
above live CD.

I missed the early part of this thread,
but here is a data point that may or may not be useful.

I have an ASUS mobo here with an onboard JM363 SATA/PATA controller
(verified by looking at the actual chip).

It works fine when in AHCI mode with a PATA ATAPI ZIP100 drive
all by itself.  No other configurations tested.
This is with kernel 2.6.24-rc4-git?.

Cheers