Re: syslets v7: back to basics

Zach Brown wrote:
The following patches are a substantial refactoring of the syslet code.  I'm
branding them as the v7 release of the syslet infrastructure, though they
represent a signifiant change in focus.

My current focus is to see the most fundamental functionality brought to
maturity.  To me, this means getting a ABI that is used by applications through
glibc on x86 and PPC64.   Only once that is ready should we distract ourselves
with advanced complexity.

I pulled from your tree to look over the patches, and noticed that it looks like several commits were merged improperly. It looks like they were auto merged or something from an email, and the commit message contains the email headers, rather than just the commit message in the body. This leads to the shortlog showing entries that start with "Return-Path:".

I was hoping to find at least some initial information on the overall design in Documentation/ but don't see any. Have you written any yet that I could take a look at elsewhere maybe?

Some of the things I was trying to figure out is does each syslet get its own stack, and schedule only at a few well defined points, and if so, would it then be fair to characterize them as kernel mode fibers?