Re: [BUG] 2.6.23-rc3 can't see sd partitions on Alpha

* Bob Tracy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Finally got back in town.  Starting the git-bisect process.  I've got
> a relatively slow network connection, and the PWS 433au isn't exactly
> what I would call "fast" by modern standards, so bear with me while I
> get things set up and crank through this.  The clone of the 2.6 tree
> will take several more hours to finish downloading.  I anticipate the
> best pace I'll be able to manage after that is two iterations in a 24-
> hour period.

once you are done with the download of the initial cloned git repository
(which is 200MB+), all the bisection steps will be local and you'll be
only limited by kernel rebuild speed and by bootup and testing speed,
not by network bandwidth.

( once you have the cloned repository i'd suggest for you to keep it -
  that way you can track susequent kernels via "git-pull" and it uses a
  very network-efficient delta protocol. )

	Ingo