Re: [patch 03/10] percpu: Make the asm-generic/percpu.h more "generic"

* Christoph Lameter <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
> > > This is a core change against Andrew's tree. It needs to go into mm
> > > and not into the x86 tree. It is no surprise that this does not apply
> > > cleanly to the x86 tree.
> >
> > well since they affect the x86 tree quite heavily (and a dependent
> > patchset you sent is basically for x86 only), it looked quite plausible
> > to check how they fare.
>
> Yes that can be done by downloading 2.6.24-rc3-mm2 and applying the
> patches on top of it. There are various earlier cleanup patches in mm
> that fix various core issues that make all of this possible.

which are those patches? I found only a single relevant patch:

 modules-fold-percpu_modcopy-into-modulec-and-get-rid-of-the-macro-from-hell.patch

anything else i missed?

this patch should have no relevance to the crash i reported. (i use a
bzImage) It's also a cleanup patch only, it should not affect
correctness.

	Ingo