Re: forcedeth ethernet driver & Low power state

Jeroen wrote:
Hi,

I'm migrating my server from windows 2003 server to Ubuntu, but I am
stumbling over the "Low Power State Link Speed" option for my NIC
(forcedeth)

I need to disable this option in my windows driver otherwise the trough pout is
horrible because the link fluctuates constantly from 100/1000.

Anyway, my question is where and how can I turn off this feature for the
forcedeth driver? I've looked in the source and as far as I can tell there is no
bootoption for this. There are some references noted in the code, but AFAIK
no setting.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Are you sure forcedeth even supports that feature? I haven't seen any code for it, and certainly it should never be enabled by default..

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]