Re: Laptop keyboard unusable when ACPI is active was Re: [2.6.22] i8042, ACPI, ipw2100 and issues reported by psmouse.c atkbd.c

Len Brown ha scritto:
On Sunday 21 October 2007 05:43, [email protected] wrote:
 have emerged lm_sensors but can't get it running - it keeps saying "No
sensors found!" and complaining about kernel drivers not properly setup.
I have attached the output of sensors-detect, from which it seems that
the kernel is OK.
In this case, getting sensors installed is the opposite of what you want to do.
The idea is to simplify the system until it works, then figure out what
simplification made it work.

ie. disable sensors entirely by building a kernel with CONFIG_HWMON=n

If that makes things work, then it is a clue.
If that was disabled already, then just keep it disabled.
It is disabled since when I abandoned the lm_sensors approach; I remember that I did some more testing with lm_sensors and got almost all chips identified, although didn't know how to use lm_sensors to generate some useful logs.
I agree with you that we have to simplify the system down.
Note: when I built kernel 2.6.24-rc3 to see if it is still affected by bug #9147, CONFIG_HWMON was enabled instead (and the problem was verified anyway). I don't recall how that setting got enabled, however I did not enable it manually and I was not enabling lm_sensors support.

Best regards,
--
 Daniele C.

cheers,