Re: [patch] 0/4 Support for Toshiba TMIO multifunction devices

Roughly went through the patch, looks good, here comes the remind, though :-)

1. is it possible to use some name other than "soc_core", maybe
"tmio_core" so that
other multifunction chips sharing a core base will live easier.

2. those C++ style comments "//" are not so pleasant...

- eric

On Nov 21, 2007 6:20 AM, ian <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 01:04 +0300, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> > Just to note, that there is an alternative implementation for at least
> > the tc6393 chip devices. Most current version of those patches can be
> > found in the OpenEmbedded monotone.
>
> Yes, this is true. The core code in both cases originates from my and
> Dirks work.
>
> I'd just like to get something pushed up to mainline so that work can
> begin on expanding the number of chips supported.
>
> This would include the ASICs found in many iPAQ PDAs (their MMC module
> seems to be an IRQ-less TMIO chip).
>
> I havent submitted the subdevice drivers yet, only the base/core
> drivers.
>
> The OE versions probably have better USB and video subdevice support
> (which I shall evaluate as I go on), wheras the NAND flash and MMC
> drivers in hh.org are probably more up to date (I run root on SD usinf
> the hh.org tmio_mmc driver on all three of the MFD chips in this patch
> series on a daily basis).
>
> merging the best of these patch series is my goal and it shouldnt be too
> hard.
>

> -

Cheers
- eric