Re: CONFIG_IRQBALANCE for 64-bit x86 ?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:02:43 -0500
Mark Lord <[email protected]> wrote:
> ..
>
> Well, for my dualCore notebook, dualCore MythTV box, and QuadCore
> desktop, the behaviour of the existing, working, 32-bit kernel
> IRQBALANCE code outperforms the userspace utility.
>
> Mostly, I suspect, due to it's much faster response to changing
> conditions. That's something the external one could try to match, but
> at present it seems tuned specifically for high-traffic network
> servers, not for the average notebook or desktop.

I'd really like to see what it's doing before commenting on this;
at minimum can you give me the /proc/interrupts of the system?
It might a simple bug or simple missing item, not a total "scratch the
full system".

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use [email protected]
visit http://www.lesswatts.org