Re: [rfc 01/45] ACPI: Avoid references to impossible processors.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

> > Convert one loop to NR_CPUS to use the cpu_possible map instead.
> >

> I'm just wondering how broken this is. Is there any assumption that
> there is no holes in the online cpu map in this code ?

Yeah, I saw only one loop in there and so I think this covers it. The
debug code that I added to the cpu alloc patches did not throw any warning
and bugs anymore. So I am sure that this does not occur on the
configurations where I tested it. If some is running with the latest cpu
area patches then he will get bugs() for accessing an impossible
processors cpu area and warnings for accessing an offline processors cpu
area.