Re: [BUG?] OOM with large cache....(x86_64, 2.6.24-rc3-git1, nohz)

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 16:46, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Nick Piggin <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, we don't show NR_ANON_PAGES in these stats, [...]
>
> sidenote: the way i combat these missing pieces of instrumentation in
> the scheduler is to add them immediately to the cfs-debug-info.sh script
> (and to /proc/sched_debug if needed). I.e. if we get one report that
> misses a piece of critical information is OK, but if it's two reports
> and we still havent made it easy to report the right kind of information
> that is our fault entirely. This constant ping-ponging for information
> that goes on for basically every MM problem - which information could
> have been provided in the first message (by running a single, easy to
> download tool) is getting pretty hindering i believe.

I do usually to add the stats as I've needed them. I haven't
specifically needed NR_ANON_PAGES for an oom-killer problem
before, but I've added plenty of other output there.

(it's in /proc/meminfo of course, which is the most useful...)